To increase the visibility of books and literature from Luxembourg in these challenging times, Reading Luxembourg launches a promotional campaign, organise une campagne de promotion, combined with meetings with the authors – as much as is possible, taking into consideration current restrictions.
9th NOVEMBER 2020 – 22nd NOVEMBER 2020
ARE YOU READING LUXEMBOURG?
A campaign for books and reading
Fairs and festivals have been cancelled; so has been the traditional Luxembourgish event in autumn of the Walfer Bicherdeeg. Readings and book launches, encounters with authors were similiarly hit by the consequences of the pandemic.
As many other sectors, the book and publishing sector has suffered the consequences of the lockdown and health measures.
At the same time, the pleasures and benefits of reading seem more important than ever in these times.
In order to contribute to the visibility of books and literature made in Luxembourg – with 80 new publications between March and November 2020 – and to celebrate the Luxembourgish literary season, Reading Luxembourg initiated a promotional campaign, taking up the challenge with many partners that are part of the book industry, under the banner:
Are people in Luxembourg (still) reading books? And do they know any titles by Luxembourgish authors and/or publishers?
To raise awareness for books, the campaign is going to address these questions online, in public space and in the media.
Beyond putting books and literature made in Luxembourg in the focal point in the bookshops and libraries for two weeks, some events are scheduled to highlight the “Bicherrentrée 2020”.
Ceremony of the Lëtzebuerger Buchpräis
Thursday 19th November 2020 the ceremony of the Luxembourgish Book Prize (Lëtzebuerger Buchpräis) will take place at the National Library. The number of people attending being limited, you can follow the livestream of the event on the website of RTL (and vote beforehand for the audience price) HERE.
Encounters in the participating bookshops
Saturday 21st November, encounters, readings and exhibitions are organised in the participating bookshops. You can discover below the programme, that is constantly updated, taking into account the sanitary measures and the evolution of the situation. For the full programm, check out the agenda at the bottom of the current page.
Literary surprises by the CNL
The National Literature Archive CNL is preparing some surprises for Sunday 22nd of November. Because of restrictions, no encounters will take place in Mersch at the CNL. This is why the colleagues are working on “reading candies” with the following authors:
- Alain Atten
- Anja Di Bartolomeo
- Antoine Pohu
- Carla Lucarelli
- Jean Sorrente
- Joseph Kayser
- Nora Wagener
- Robert Schofield
- Susan Alexander
You don’t want to miss any of these little treats but you did not register to the newsletter of the CNL yet? Register HERE quickly!
Radio shows on radio 100.7
Radio 100.7 is Reading Luxembourg’s media partner and supports the campaign this November with special shows about books and literature:
- Radio shows on the current situation of the book sector in Luxembourg
- Kultur – Are You Reading Luxembourg?, with Marc Rettel, programme manager Reading Luxembourg, 19.11.2020.
- Kultur – Kloer “Zeeechen” fir de Lëtzebuerger Buchpräis, 20.11.2020.
- Kultur – De Lëtzebuerger Buchpräis – déi Zweet!, 20.11.2020.
- Kultur – Wéi geet et dem Lëtzebuerger Buch?, with Ian de Toffoli, President of the Luxembourgish Publishers’ Federation, 20.11.2020
- A panel discussion in the show « Riicht eraus » on 21.11. from 12am to 1pm.
- An interview with the laureate of the Bookprize in the category « Kannerbuch ». Broadcasted in the show « Héléla » on 21.11 from 1pm to 2pm.
- An interview of 30 min. with the laureate of the Bookprize in the category “literature”, guest in « Am Gespréich » broadcasted on 23.11. in full and extracts during the week at 2.40pm.
We will be sharing the links to shows (soon) on here.
Subscribe to the Reading Luxembourg newsletter and stay informed.